Arizona Criminal Defense Attorney
Zachary J. Divelbiss, Esq.
- Divelbiss Criminal Law – Founder/Owner/Attorney
- Ryley, Carlock & Applewhite – Attorney
- Maricopa County Public Defender’s Office – Clerk/Extern
- Lorona Mead, PLC – Intern
- Cavanagh Law Firm – Extern
- Harla Davison Law Firm – Extern
Bar and Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Arizona
Arizona Summit Law School
- J.D. (2016) | Legal Studies 2014-2016
- Honors: Donald E. Lively Mission Pillar Award
- Cum Laude | Castro and Merit Scholarship
- Dean’s Award 2014-2016 Top 10%
- Graduation Activities: Law Review & Moot Court
Arizona State University
- B.S. (2014) | Justice Studies 2010-2014
- Honors: Cum Laude | Provost Scholarship
- Maricopa County Bar Association – Member
- Professionalism Advisory Council – MCBA
- Criminal Law Section – MCBA
- Young Lawyer Division – MCBA
- Solo and Small Firm Division – MCBA
Awards & Recognition
- Graduated Early With Cum Laude Honors From Arizona Summit Law School
- Honorary Recipient of the Donald E. Lively Mission Pillar Award
Solely Practices Criminal & DUI Defense
- Focuses on DUI & Criminal Defense Representation
How did your firm decide on the primary area of practice(s)?
Zachary Divelbiss was born and raised in Apache Junction, Arizona. Growing up in Apache Junction provided him a unique perspective on life and helped him recognize the ever-growing notion of stereotypes that cause people to judge others based on unfounded-predetermined bias. Zachary attended ASU on a full-ride scholarship and majored in Justice Studies in an effort to better understand the inequality that divides humans. The teachings at ASU helped him understand where prejudice comes from and why people fear those who are different than themselves. It also taught him that individuals and groups are systematically discriminated against based on financial poverty, race, ethnicity, gender and other minority attributes. Zachary’s goal after attending ASU was to help as many people as he could for those who need more assistance than others. Zachary accepted the challenge of a private law school, Arizona Summit Law School, in an effort to utilize the law as a tool for those who require representation. Zachary accelerated his law school education and graduated in two years at the top of his class with Cum Laude Honors. Divelbiss Criminal Law is a criminal defense law firm that educates and advocates for those who are accused of felony and misdemeanor crimes in Arizona in an effort to help alleviate the burden of criminal convictions on fellow citizens of the United States of America.
What distinguishes your law firm from others?
At Divelbiss Criminal Law, we have experience on both sides of the court room, as a defendant and attorney. In Zachary’s youth, he received many criminal charges and even spent time in jail. He took that experience and focused everything toward helping others in similar situations. This is why he went to law school and continues to help those who are accused of criminal offenses. Zachary cares about every person accused of a crime because he has been there before and understands the stress/confusion everyone faces when they go to court.
What experience or education distinguishes your lawyers from others?
Zachary Divelbiss graduated from a private law school at the top of his class (honors) in two years instead of three years. He was the youngest person in his graduating class and received distinguished honors by accepting the Donald E. Lively Mission Pillar Award, which is only awarded to one person and must be voted on by teachers and faculty at the law school. Zachary received years of experience in criminal defense while in law school and received a select position to work for Maricopa County Public Defender’s Office. There, he received continuous specialized training in criminal defense that can only be provided by a government firm. After gaining this knowledge and experience, Zachary started his own law firm so he could continue to help as many people as possible.